Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Wireless Bridge connection problem

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to ask... I have two Wireless Bridges, AIR-BR350-E-K9, each with a 13.5 Yagi antenna, set up on test prior to installation. I have one set up as a 'Root Bridge' and the other as a 'Non-Root Bridge w/Clients', WEP is configured and working, both have been upgraded to version 11.21 software.

I have one connected to the wired LAN (3Com PSHub 40) and the other on the far side of the office connected into a hub (3Com PSHub 40) with a PC into the hub also. The two connect fine and I have been using PING's between my PC, on the wired LAN, and the remote PC, on the far hub, for initial test purposes. This works fine for a time but then communication stops between the two PC's and one of the Bridges stops responding and the 'Ethernet Activity' LED starts blinking RED, not in a regular pattern but similar to actual Eth. activity, with an occasional GREEN blink. The only way to get it back is to restart the bridge. This can happen after 30mins, 2 hours or even 8 hours.

I've swapped Antenna's, patch leads, power supplies, hubs and even had the Bridge replaced, but it still happens. Is it me...?

The documentation shows the different meanings for the LEDs status but doesn't describe this one. A blinking RED LED is for the 340 series only, not a 350.

Sorry for the long post, but has anyone any ideas? I've found nothing on the Cisco web sites either.

Cheers,

Kris.

3 REPLIES

Re: Wireless Bridge connection problem

When the Ethernet LED starts blinking, do the Radio LEDs maintain normal status? Try connecting a serial calbe to one or both the monitor status directly (since you may not get HTTP or Telnet access during the failure.

Matthew Wheeler

Blue Modal

Hi,

When the Ethernet LED starts blinking red, the association status LED stays on and radio activity LEDs continue to blink as usual. HTTP and Telnet are both unaccesible when this happens. I hadn't tried the serial cable but good idea!

Cheers,

Kris.

Has anyone figured out the resolution to this problem. I am experiencing same problem. Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Jeff

Views
Helpful
Replies