Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Bridge

angel-moon
Level 3
Level 3

Hello everyone,

Looking to put a wireless bridge in to connect 2 building about 2000 feet apart.  Excellent Line Of Site from rooftop to rooftop.  Very little data traffic but will be running Voice over the link.  Anyone have any input on using the 1300 bridges for this application as a permanent install?

Thanks in advance! All replies rated.       

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can mount them in the corner... the main thing is to be able to also clear the wall on the roof you you have one.  So you can get one of those non-penetrating roof mounts with a 5'+ pole and mount the 1300 onto that.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The bridge will work, but how much voice traffic are you going to pass. You said that it's clear line of sight, but do you clear the fresnel zone and do you know if there are any 2.4ghz in your path?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Thanks Scott.  We can go as high as we need to clear the fresnel zone.  There is nothing but an empty parking lot in between the 2 building and about 1500 - 2000 feet of space but I have not done a site survey to see about the 2.4Ghz.  I think we are going to need different antennae as well correct?  I think the internal ones only go about 626 feet or so.  I was thinking about using AIR-ANT3338. your thoughts.

Thanks in advance!

You should be fine with the internal, since those bridges can go up to 200mW.  Check out the calculator, it allows you to enter information and you can see your results.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps458/products_tech_note09186a008009459b.shtml

-Scott

Thanks.  Jeez.  Cisco Pre-Sales told me these antennae can only go about 620 feet.  I see here I can go up to 1.2 miles.

Last question.  I see I have to go up 21 feet to clear the Fresnel zone.  If I put the bridges on the corners of 2 story buildings with nothing below them would that be considered as clearing the Fresnel zone or do I have to go 21 feet above the rooftop itself?

You can mount them in the corner... the main thing is to be able to also clear the wall on the roof you you have one.  So you can get one of those non-penetrating roof mounts with a 5'+ pole and mount the 1300 onto that.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: