Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

wireless channel

After utilizing the pescribe wireless channels on a 802.11g can l also mix it with other unclean channel,if possible what are the consequencies.

2 REPLIES
Green

Re: wireless channel

If you use one of the "unclean" (i.e., non-overlapping) channels, then you multiply, but at least a factor of two, the amount of other APs that will interfere with you, and that you will interfere with.

A further potential effect is that another system may see your interference and decide you are a "rogue" AP and begin mitigation practices, that essentially shut down your communication.

Part of the design challenge is to stay on the three non-overlapping channels, and space then APs/Antennas such that they overlap enough to give smooth roam transitions, yet maximize the coverage.

The two easiest ways to accomplish that is to control the transmit power, and use a variety of antennas of different types to efficiently shape the coverage.

That might mean that you'll need more APs, but for optimal coverage & service (in this band) that is the only way to go.

As always, a complete, comprehensive site survey is MANDATORY ... or you're just wasting your time & money (or your client's time & money) playing trial & error.

Good Luck

Scott

Re: wireless channel

Thank u very much for your support.if possible may l get your e-mail address so we can personally interact.I have a great ethusiasm in network engineering,and you are the kind of person l need in the success of my profession.Please you can email me on bigseth1099@yahoo.com

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content