cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wireless channel

bigseth1099
Level 1
Level 1

After utilizing the pescribe wireless channels on a 802.11g can l also mix it with other unclean channel,if possible what are the consequencies.

2 Replies 2

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

If you use one of the "unclean" (i.e., non-overlapping) channels, then you multiply, but at least a factor of two, the amount of other APs that will interfere with you, and that you will interfere with.

A further potential effect is that another system may see your interference and decide you are a "rogue" AP and begin mitigation practices, that essentially shut down your communication.

Part of the design challenge is to stay on the three non-overlapping channels, and space then APs/Antennas such that they overlap enough to give smooth roam transitions, yet maximize the coverage.

The two easiest ways to accomplish that is to control the transmit power, and use a variety of antennas of different types to efficiently shape the coverage.

That might mean that you'll need more APs, but for optimal coverage & service (in this band) that is the only way to go.

As always, a complete, comprehensive site survey is MANDATORY ... or you're just wasting your time & money (or your client's time & money) playing trial & error.

Good Luck

Scott

bigseth1099
Level 1
Level 1

Thank u very much for your support.if possible may l get your e-mail address so we can personally interact.I have a great ethusiasm in network engineering,and you are the kind of person l need in the success of my profession.Please you can email me on bigseth1099@yahoo.com

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card