Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Wireless Client DHCP issue - MESH AP (1552 E)

5508 WLC = 7.4.100

1552 E AP

I have a range of APs running in FlexConnect mode that have no issue connecting to all 3 SSIDS

I have recently added MESH APs which connect to the controller without issue.

I can only connect to 2 of 3 SSIDs through the MESH AP. The 3rd SSID displays connected and  status associated but no IP address is passed to the wireless client.

I have tried ethernet bridging and assinging VLAN ID of the Native VLAN ID and adding configured VLAN IDs.

Advice and assistance would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

With mesh, you do not need to

With mesh, you do not need to enable ethernet bridging at all.  All the traffic should tunnel back to the WLC as if the mesh ap was a local mode ap.  Make sure that if you are using AP Groups that the WLAN to vlan mappings are correct.  The other thing is that you should be on v7.4.121.0 and also make sure you have uploaded the latest FUS 1.9.0.0 onto the WLC for stability.  I have mesh networks on both v7.4.121.0 and v7.6.120.0, working just fine.

Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Cisco Employee

agreed that ap group wlan

agreed that ap group wlan/interface mappings is the first thing to check.

pending what you find out there, a client debug when a client is failing to get an ip address when connected to the 3rd ssid on the mesh ap will be the next step

Thanks I have done the client

Thanks I have done the client debug and it seems to point to a layer 2 issue where when i compare a client connecting through a flexconnect AP the EAP Type = EAP-TLS

Yet with a MESH client EAP Type = 0

Cisco Employee

hmm, that's odd.  as a point

hmm, that's odd.  as a point of reference, is it possible to test the same with another eap type, maybe Peap?

Are the flex ap's doing local authentication for the wlan of interest?

Views
Helpful
Replies