Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Client Disconnects

Greetings,

I have (two) of the latest Intel 802.11n/ac PCI desktop client adapters each connected to a set of external dual antennas.  Both are running Win 8.1, basically they are identical and both are less than 20ft from the ceiling mounted AP.  One client seems to work fine but the other will disconnect at random times at least once a day.  Once that client is disconnected it can’t see any of our SSIDs for 5 to 20 mins. But it can see other Wi Fi signals / hotspots, etc.

Average RSSI is -61, SNR is 31

We've been running the following stable configuration for the past number of months:

- One 5508WLC - 7.5.102.0

- APs-3602I all running 802.11n (not .ac) in FlexConnect local switching mode

- Prime Infrastructure 1.3

- ISE 1.1.3

We've reinstalled Windows and updated the adapter drivers...no change.  It seems obvious to me that it's a client issue but how can I log and prove it?

ISE doesn't show any authentications problems.  I've read through other "client disconnect" posts here and made the few WLC setting changes recommended.  I’ve turned on debugging on the WLC for the MAC of that client. The WLC msglog never logs anything against the client MAC.  What other AP or WLC logs or debugging can I look at? 

Thanks

Michael

2 REPLIES

If the client is using OS windows Vista please check the patch has to be installed for supporting WPA2.

or please try to set channel to auto sense if the problem is in AP this may help you.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Create an OPEN SSID and get the client to join.

Provide additional details:

1.  debug client ;

2.  sh client detail ;

3.  What is the make and model of the wireless NIC of the client?  What is the firmware version number?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content