Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Wireless connection issue with Apple product

Hi, This is Daniel Jung here.

I got a very strange happening with apple product.

Recently, I created one more SSID assign with particular dynamic interface, the problem is only Apple mobile product is not able to join. but Android and laptop are working very well.

I also tried to find out some solution like enable fast SSID switching, turn off and on for mobile device, re-configuring interface and WLAN, checking error log but there was nothing.

For your information, our WLC model is AIR-CT5508-K9 with 7.3.112.0 version.

Could you share information & solution if any one has?

Thank you.

Regards,

Daniel Jung Yoonho

• Getting Started with Wireless
Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I did lab your configuration

I did lab your configuration and you are right. However, you should see the client in the WLC associated and authenticated.

Apple products try to reach a website from a pool of websites once they are associated to the SSID and have a IP adress. If that process fails, a pseudo web browser will be launched if there is something like web authentication. If you want more information about this please search on "Captive Bypassing".

If you like the help you received, please rate the posts :-).

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Can you try to upgrade to 7.6

Can you try to upgrade to 7.6.130.0?

I agree with Leo, please

I agree with Leo, please upgrade the WLC first to 7.4.121 or 7.6.130. Don't forget to check the FUS image.

Once that is done, check if the "client details" of the Apple client on the WLC (especially Policy Manager State and Radius NAC State).

Dear, All.Thank you for your

Dear, All.

Thank you for your answer.

after I capture traffic, I found what's the wireless issue on Apple devices. That was not any of wireless device problem.

Once apple device has connected with wireless, it is trying to access some where in internet to verify connectivity.

Unfortunately, this SSID is not able to access internet, that's why it couldn't established for wireless connection even connection was there actually.

Appreciate for your answer to resolve this topic!!

Daniel Jung Yoonho

I did lab your configuration

I did lab your configuration and you are right. However, you should see the client in the WLC associated and authenticated.

Apple products try to reach a website from a pool of websites once they are associated to the SSID and have a IP adress. If that process fails, a pseudo web browser will be launched if there is something like web authentication. If you want more information about this please search on "Captive Bypassing".

If you like the help you received, please rate the posts :-).

Dear, Freerk. Thank you for

Dear, Freerk.

Thank you for your information.

I'd like to try captive bypass function then look at the traffic flow to understand very well, however, it looks like required reboot the controller.

ours is not able to do rebooting process so that, only the choice will be I must search testing result by my self... if you have a result from your lab, could you share with me?

Result message after enable captive bypassing configuration.

(Cisco Controller) config>network web-auth captive-bypass enable 
Web-auth support for Captive-Bypass will be enabled.
                                                    You must reset system for this setting to take effect.

Views
Helpful
Replies