cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless connectivity issue between Cisco AP and Symbol client card.

mvaillancourt
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue with a Symbol Spectrum 24 High Rate client card connect to the Cisco 1200 AP. The error I receive on the client software is, 'Network out of range'.

I was able to configure a Linksys card to communicate with the 1200. Any idea?

2 Replies 2

kmarrero
Level 4
Level 4

SInce the Linksys was able to communicate with the 1200 it is most likely a firmeware issue with the Symbol or a configuration issue. First try to reconfigure the Symbol to match the SSID or ESSID of the 1200. Remember that the SSID is case sensitive. If this does not work then go to Symbol's website and download the latest firmware and drivers for the card that match your operating system. According to their configuration PDF files on their site they recommend upgrading to the latest versions because the firmware that came on the CD might be a version or two older than what is current.

Thanks, I found the problem, the Symbol's SSID was in cap's and the SSID on the 1200 was lower case. Made the change and and the two started talking.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card