Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Wireless Controller Duplex Mismatch on LAGInterface 1000BaseTX

I am getting CDP duplex mismatch errors between my wireless controllers and my 6509 switch.  The strange thing is that these are both Gigabit Ethernet ports so they should not cause a duplex mismatch as far as I understood Gigabit Ethernet ports can only run at full duplex.  However as you can see below my wireless controller (This 4400 plus a separate 5500 is this way as well), shows its interface LAGInterface0/3/1 as being only half duplex.  The strange thing is too that CDP seems to be showing 2 separate ports on the wireless controllers a GigabitEthernet0/0/1 (which is at full duplex) and a LAGInterface0/3/1 (which is showing half duplex).  Since I only have one physical cable connection to each controller I’m not sure where the LAGInterface comes into play and why it is showing half duplex but I have been having some intermitant client connectivity problems that I'm wondering if this could be the cause.  Any thoughts? 

Show CDP Neighbor detail

IP Address:

Holdtime: 156 sec

Capabilities: HOST

Version:

Manufacturer's Name: Cisco Systems Inc.  Product Name: Cisco Controller  Produ

ct Version: 7.0.240.0  RTOS Version: 7.0.240.0  Bootloader Version: 7.0.240.0  B

uild Type: DATA + WPS

Platform: AIR-WLC4402-50-K9

Port-ID (Port on Neighbors's Device): GigabitEthernet0/0/1

VTP Management Domain: unknown

Native VLAN: unknown

Duplex: full

System Name: unknown

System Object ID: unknown

Management Addresses: unknown

Physical Location: unknown

Port (Our Port): 9/45

Device-ID: Wireless-Controller1

Device Addresses:

IP Address:

Holdtime: 156 sec

Capabilities: HOST

Version:

Manufacturer's Name: Cisco Systems Inc.  Product Name: Cisco Controller  Produ

ct Version: 7.0.240.0  RTOS Version: 7.0.240.0  Bootloader Version: 7.0.240.0  B

uild Type: DATA + WPS

Platform: AIR-WLC4402-50-K9

Port-ID (Port on Neighbors's Device): LAGInterface0/3/1

VTP Management Domain: unknown

Native VLAN: unknown

Duplex: half (Mismatch)

System Name: unknown

System Object ID: unknown

Management Addresses: unknown

Physical Location: unknown

NPT 6509 VLT> (enable)

8 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Wireless Controller Duplex Mismatch on LAGInterface 1000Base

How are your ports setup on the switch? I never set the duplex or speed and I have never ram into an issue. Did your hard set yours?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Nope they are set to the default Autonegotiate Speed and Duplex and the physical ports show 1000 Mbit/Full Duplex. 

The SFP Cisco branded or another brand by chance? If they are Cisco branded, maybe set the speed and duplex.

-Scott

They are Cisco branded.  I previously tried setting manually on the switch and lost full connectivity to my wireless controllers.  On the 5500 controller I am using a built in 1000 Mbit copper port so SFP's are not an issue. 

The 4400 and the 5500 requires SFP's for connecting to the network. The RJ45 is a service port and not used to connect to the network.

-Scott

I have seen this with certain versions of code. It's an issue with the WLC version.

It appears this has come back in 7.0.240

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2130717

Would this bug actually cause connectivity issues for clients or is it just aesthetic?  Also, my bad on the ports, they are indeed 1000baseT Cisco SFP's. 

I would verify that you are not seeing errors on the physical ports on either side as well as the port channel,  and that the port channel shows up 1000 full.

If that is the case, it's just a CDP issue and is cosmetic.  If you need to get the error to go away and don't want to downgrade, you can disable CDP on the WLC.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content