Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless coverage for a long passage

ahmedfouad
Level 1
Level 1

Dears ,

i would like to provide a wireless coverage for a long air-conditioned passage around 200 meters long . i have a choice of 3700i,3700e and 6dbi patch antennas .....

i am thinking of using patch antenna but i am afraid of one-way client communication issue .

so what do you think about that ?

thanks ,

Darwish

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can, but what kind of coverage are you expecting to have there?  If its just data, then put two AP's sort of 50-75' from both ends of the passage way.  it also depends on if the passage way is straight or not.  Voice coverage is tricky because then you have to at least have a -65dbm in all areas of the passage way.  Patches can work fine if you don't care about quality and its only used for data.... one way can happen, but that is why people tend to survey areas like this to really determine what will work the best and if its even possible.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

Take a look at these mounts then. Makes it a clean look.

http://www.oberonwireless.com/WebDocs/Model1029-00_Spec_Sheet.pdf

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can, but what kind of coverage are you expecting to have there?  If its just data, then put two AP's sort of 50-75' from both ends of the passage way.  it also depends on if the passage way is straight or not.  Voice coverage is tricky because then you have to at least have a -65dbm in all areas of the passage way.  Patches can work fine if you don't care about quality and its only used for data.... one way can happen, but that is why people tend to survey areas like this to really determine what will work the best and if its even possible.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

thanks Scott for your reply

actually my client needs voice,data , RLTS at same times

the passage has rectangular shape , and i will suggest to have APs deployed in staggered way wall mounted as the cieling has a complex metal structure .

Passage.png

Take a look at these mounts then. Makes it a clean look.

http://www.oberonwireless.com/WebDocs/Model1029-00_Spec_Sheet.pdf

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card