cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Homelab

moxymeehan
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to build a Wireless homelab.

I have a windows 2003 machine connected to the internet using a Cisco 827-4V ADSL Router. My second machine has an Aironet PCMCIA WLAN adapter installed. I am thinking of adding an Aironet 1100 AP to get some hands on wireless experience.

Anyone got any opinions on this setup ?

Also is there any chance Cisco could introduce a Professional Wireless Cert in the future ?

2 Replies 2

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

You can go for the Cisco 1200 series AP for setting up your home Wireless network. You have variuos models in this series and you can choos the one based on your requirement. You will find more information on the Cisco 1200 series APs at the following URL.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_data_sheet0900aecd801b91d4.html

sw1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a lab currently on the internet which is based around switching/routing/ISDN etc. I'm due to create a lab for basic wireless configuration. This would consist of 2 x APs (1100 and 1200) two Cat 3500 switches and a single 4500 router. Would this be of any help to you. If you wish to know more you can email me on steve@swaters.co.uk

Regards

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card