Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless hreap solution.

Hello

My organization is planning to implement wireless solution. We will have 40 APs.

i want wireless traffic not to go through controller . Can i use hreap to accomplish this? or is there any other solution?

If i use only one controller to manage this APs, what will happen if controller breaks down? will the wireless lan continue to work without controller? or do i need second conttroler ?

Thanks in Advance

Everyone's tags (2)
3 REPLIES

Re: Wireless hreap solution.

hi,

there is no need to purchase other wlc for this you think right hreap is better option which would locly switch the wireless traffic,

thanks

satyendra

Wireless hreap solution.

a quick answer would be, it depends on your deployment.

If users in remote offices need a radius server to authenticate to (if you use EAP/802.1x, i.e. WPA/WPA2 Enterprise) then you either need to make the traffic go to the controller OR install radius server in every remote office.
If you use something like WPA-PSK then APs can work fine if the connection to the controller lost.

This was a quick answer.

For more detailed answer I think you need to go to read the HREAP deployment guide. You'll find answers to most of your questions.

Here is the link:  http://tiny.cc/0wd4pw

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Cisco Employee

Wireless hreap solution.

To add to this, once the control plane to WLC is lost only existing clients would continue being serviced till the time they doesnt auth timeout.

That means authentication timeout and/or session timeout will kick them off the network.

Also 40 Aps is a pretty decent sized deployment, i think you should go for a redundant controller.

Regards

Sahil

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content