cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wireless in a hospital - testing medical device interference

pamnixon9
Level 1
Level 1

deploying in a hospital and the biomed team wants to know of any expected interference with their medical devices and how to test - are there any test plans available?

3 Replies 3

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

Do their devices operate in the same bands as 802.11b/g & 802.11a? 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz respectively.

here is a good reference url

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/802.11.

I do not know because there are hundreds of medical devices here. I'm interested in finding a test plan to determine whether there is EMI or not. All I can find so far is the one listed on this site but it is fairly generic. It would be nice to find something specific that listed different devices (IV pumps, incubators, pacemakers, hearing aids, radiology machines, mri) and if there are guidelines for any of them.

thanks

Silly question, but have you asked Cisco?

There are also several medical management companies such as IDX & Mysys (formerly medic) who install networks in such environments - they may be of some assistance too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card