Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Wireless Internet connectivity in University Campus

I have to establish wireless Internet connectivity in University Campus having 7 buildings in University campus. I have to connect all building by using Cisco Bridge 1300 in Point to Multipoint with One 1300 bridge at each building. Maxi distance between buidlings is less than  600 mtrs. I am also considering Wireless LAN Controller , ASA 5510, Router 2800, Wireless LAN controller 4400 .

Can anybody suggest me how CIsco 1300 Bridge is connected and which type of Antenna is required.Ordering information.

Thanks

2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Wireless Internet connectivity in University Campus

One thing to keep in mind is that if you convert the 1310 to lightweight mode it will not operate as a bridge, only as an AP.  If you want to manage the bridges with a controller you may want to consider a 1520.

Re: Wireless Internet connectivity in University Campus

Thank u for giving good suggestion. I will consider 1520 with LAN controller 4400  as a bridge instead of 1300 as a bridge. Pl,  can U guide me that how these bridges are connected in University campus as there are 7 building in University campus with maxi distance is less than 600 mtrs with line of sight is clear and also give me ordering information . I am working in India.  University Campus diagram is attached for u'r information.

Thank u for u'r valuable support

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content