Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Location Appliance

Hi,

We have a central WCS server. One of our remote offices has purchased the 2710 wireless location appliance and 2 WLC's

Where is the best place to situate the appliance? In the remote site with the WLCs or centrally with WCS?

In addition we have purchased WCS licenses with "location" for all our other AP's. So we would like to utilise their 2710 for other WLAN's at other remote sites. (However, they (the remote site) should be the primary beneficiary). Does this affect the location of the appliance?

Appreciate your help,

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Re: Wireless Location Appliance

I really don't think it matters where the location appliance is. However, since it is WCS that is sending the information to the Location Appliance for processing, it would probably be more logical for the location appliance to be located with the WCS server. I'm sure from a bandwidth perspective, the best option is to keep the two devices in close proximity.

I can't really think of a situation where you would even need to "prioritize" the benefits of the location appliance. Expect from an installation perspective, focusing more on the remote site before adding the others systems.

2 REPLIES
Bronze

I really don't think it matters where the location appliance is. However, since it is WCS that is sending the information to the Location Appliance for processing, it would probably be more logical for the location appliance to be located with the WCS server. I'm sure from a bandwidth perspective, the best option is to keep the two devices in close proximity.

I can't really think of a situation where you would even need to "prioritize" the benefits of the location appliance. Expect from an installation perspective, focusing more on the remote site before adding the others systems.

Thats just what I needed to know.

Thanks for your help.

Andy

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content