Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Management ( High)

biplobkhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

For a Project for Wi-fI have designed 12 1140 AP and 50 Number  1040 AP. Besides We select 5508 Wireless Controller.

Now My question is for AP Management which Product I  am select ?

1. WIreless Controller System

2. WIreless control System Navigator

Please advise.

Regards

Biplob

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

You would want to lead with WCS or NCS with a license for 75-100 access points. NCS is replacing WCS at somepoint. Navigtor at last check isnt being supported and wouldnt be advisable. That is used to manage large WCS solutions for 1000's of aps.

Make sense?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

You would want to lead with WCS or NCS with a license for 75-100 access points. NCS is replacing WCS at somepoint. Navigtor at last check isnt being supported and wouldnt be advisable. That is used to manage large WCS solutions for 1000's of aps.

Make sense?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

HI Geo

Thanks for you rapidly response.

So I can choose either WCS or NCS.  NCS may for prefer Virtualization.

Regards

Biplob

NCS is part of a much larger platform Cisco is rolling out. Although, you can still purchase WCS I would lead with NCS as that will be EOL.

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card