Views
Helpful
Replies

wireless network drops every 5 mins

huwyhuwy123
Level 1
Level 1

hi there,

We have a cisco 2500 wlc and (software version 7.0.220.0) and 4 access points (AIR-LAP1131AG-E-K9).

The wireless network is virtually unusable as people keep getting kicked out every 5 mins.

I've attached the trap logs. Hopefully someone more knowledgable than I can take a look? One entry I've noticed is....

Warning: Our AP with Base Radio MAC 00:3a:XX:7c:22:f0 is under attack (contained) by another AP on radio type 802.11b/g

Can anyone offer some advise on this?

Thanks in advance.

-Al

3 Replies 3

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

means your user have to relogin or what after 5 minutes.

Check your user idle time out and make it to 86400.(controller > General)

also check your seassion timeout, make it to 65535 (wlan > edit then go to advanced)

Then try agagin.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Thanks I've changed the "user idle timeout".

I'm not sure what setting you are referring to for the session timeout - is it the "timeout value". I've attached a screenshot.

Thanks for your help

Asession.jpg

yes I was referring to this sesaion timeout.

The Session Timeout is the maximum time for a client session with the WLC. After this time, WLC de-authenticates the client, and the client goes through the whole authentication (re-authentication) process again.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card