Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Wireless Network Installation

I have an IT company in Turkey-Antalya. We have a big site wireless network Project.We ask , if you recommend what kind of devices  or which models are suitable for the project and how can be designed for all the buildings  get the wireless Internet. The Picture of the area in the attachment file.

Thanks for your helps.

picture.jpg

Everyone's tags (3)
3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

The only thing I can see you doing here is to do MESH, unless you run cable to each building.  Here is a MESH design guide that you can look over and see if this will work for you or not.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5500/tech_notes/Wireless_Software_Compatibility_Matrix.html

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Piggy backing Scott.

if you don't have physical connectins between the buildings, then you would want to look at CUWN w/MESH.

As for the hardware it would depend on what you had available.  IF you have slots in a 6k you could use the WiSM2, if you don't then you would want to look at the 5508.  Both can currently manage 500 AP.

For the indoor AP, I would probably recommend the 3502i.  This has the SaGe chipset that does Spectrum Analysis at the AP to help mitigate interferrence.

Now if you are looking at doing a lot of Video communications or high density clients, the 3602i would be the better way to go.  It has the SaGe chipset as well, but it can push more bandwidth to the clients as it is a 4x4 MIMO(the 3502 are only 2x3 MIMO).  It also has Client Link 2.0, so not only can it direct the energy towards a legacy G/A client it can also direct the energy towards a N client as well. 

If you can give us more details as to what you are looking to accomplish, we can narrow down the recommendations as to what should work best.

HTH,

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Do you guys get commision?

First give some feed back on your project. Is this going to be a standard for each home in the complex? Or is more long the lines of a hotspot kind of implementation. With a big base station and clients connecting to it for internet connections?

Also This will be mainly for an internet connection? Not for anything else? Or are you going to host servers/voice/video fetures on the network? So that it is almost like a large shared network amoungst the house owners?

Also what speed internet connection do you have? You are talking about a phone line so my guess is that it is an ADSL line?

Kind Regards

Daniel Cisco Swart

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content