Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Wireless Outdoor Bridge

Dears,

i want to connect two buildings through wireless, i found that Aironet 1310 can do what i want,

but when i went to the configurator i found that there is many modules form the 1310 which are:

• Cisco Aironet 1310 Outdoor Access Point/Bridge with 13 dBi Integrated Antenna, FCC Config

• Cisco Aironet 1310 Outdoor Access Point /Bridge with 13 dBi Integrated Antenna, ETSI Config

• Cisco Aironet 1310 Outdoor Access Point /Bridge with 13 dBi Integrated Antenna, TELEC Config

• Cisco Aironet 1310 Outdoor Access Point /Bridge with RP-TNC Type Connectors, FCC Config

• Cisco Aironet 1310 Outdoor Access Point /Bridge with RP-TNC Type Connectors, ETSI Config

• Cisco Aironet 1310 Outdoor Access Point /Bridge with RP-TNC Type Connectors, TELEC Config

could u Plz explain to me what does it mean dBi and what is the difference between the TELEC config, ETSI and FCC config

Thanks

1 REPLY
Community Member

Re: Wireless Outdoor Bridge

Hi,

1300 AP/Bridge comes in two configuration. One comes with the integrated antenna. So there is no need of external antennas. The first three configurations mentioned by you corresponds to AP with integrated antenna. 13dBi represents the antenna gaint. Normally the integrated antenna has a gain of 13dBi.

The second model is where you dont have any integrated antenna. Insted you have external connectors(RP-TNC) in order to connect external antennas according to your requirement. So the last three configurations corresponds to this category.

FCC, ETSI and TELEC are different regulatory domains defined by Cisco. Depending on your location different domains have been defined where you will be having some predefined regulations. Also based on the AP/Bridge you want to purchase you need to check with the regulatory domain whether its allowed for shipment in your country.

Following link will help you identifying which regulatory domain you need to select based on your country and you can check if that particular model is allowed to be shipped in your country.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/smbiz/wireless/approvals.html#8

Also followinf link will tell you the diffetent availoable anttennas with theire respective gain and ranges with the beam width.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5861/products_data_sheet09186a008022b11b.html

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sushil

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content