Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Router

parvinder.s
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone.

a wireless solution is needed for small office.

premises

the office premises is in 450 sq yards having 4 floors(including basement).

a dsl internet connection is terminated at the basement in an adsl modem + router. an ethernet cat6 cable has been run from the basement dsl router to the first floor.

the client wants that if feasible only one wireless be installed at the first floor which should be able to give wireless connectivy to the ground and second floor also(no need of wireless at the basement).

Can you experts please suggent me the right wireless device for this solution?

thanks

parvinder

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hmmmm ...

Do you have the layout of each floors which shows WHERE you are going to install the APs and WHERE the clients are going to be?

As to what model of AP, it will depend on your budget.  You can get SAP1602i-N or SAP2602i-N.  Personally, I'd get a SAP2602I.

NOTE:

1.  Do NOT get the AP with an "E" because this means you'll need to get external antenna. 

2.  Both the 1602 and the 2602 support CleanAir.  If you are NOT getting a WLC, then you won't be able to take advantage of CleanAir.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
the client wants that if feasible only one wireless be installed at the first floor which should be able to give wireless connectivy to the ground and second floor also(no need of wireless at the basement).

Sorry, only ONE wireless access point?  For ground floor, first floor and second floor?  450 sq yard????

And the floors are made out of wood or concrete?

If concrete, the solution requires a minimum of one AP per floor.

And this is just a rough estimate because the description you've provided isn't adequate.

Hi Leo,

the floors are made out of concrete.

I am also of the opinion of one wireless AP per floor. but the client is little curious if possible only one wireless AP at the first floor.

again if the client agrees on the one AP per floor. can you please suggest the device with model?

thanks

I am also of the opinion of one wireless AP per floor. but the client is little curious if possible only one wireless AP at the first floor.

Tell the client that you won't guarantee that you can cover the three concrete floors with a single AP without breaking the law. 

Hi Leo,

I just called the client and i told him that this is not feasible having only one AP for 3 concrete floors. I suggested him for 1 AP per floor  and now he agrees with this. Now i need to give him quotation for the AP by tomorrow morning.

this network needs only DATA as traffic no voice no video. no vlan. no vpn.......the nodes only need internet access only.

Can you please suggest the device with model no?

thanks

Can you please suggest the device with model no?

1.  How are you planning to connect the AP?  What kind of switch?  What kind of uplink to the core switch?

2.  How do you plan to power the AP?

3.  How many clients do each of the AP expect to serve?

4.  What country are the APs going to be installed?

Hi Leo,

1. ADSL model+router(wired ethernet)--->>Linux maching having 2 NICS(wired ethernet)--->>gound floor AP(wired ethernet)

--->>first floor AP(wired ethernet)--->>>second floor AP

2. there is one central online UPS for these three APs.

3. on an avg 10 clients per AP.

4. India

thanks

Hmmmm ...

Do you have the layout of each floors which shows WHERE you are going to install the APs and WHERE the clients are going to be?

As to what model of AP, it will depend on your budget.  You can get SAP1602i-N or SAP2602i-N.  Personally, I'd get a SAP2602I.

NOTE:

1.  Do NOT get the AP with an "E" because this means you'll need to get external antenna. 

2.  Both the 1602 and the 2602 support CleanAir.  If you are NOT getting a WLC, then you won't be able to take advantage of CleanAir.

thank you so much leo for the valuable help. I sent the quotion of the cisco device to the client. But the client said that the cisco equipment is quite out of his budget. so now client wanted the wired ethernet cabling which i just finished. the client asked for a low end netgear N300 wireless router and an unmanaged 8 ports 10/100 ethernet switch for the current need which i will be installign and configuring(wireless router) tomorrow.

once again thank you so much leo for your valuable help.

take care sir.

thanks

parvinder

Hello Parvinder,

You can use Cisco Aironet 350 Series Access Points. It is best in class for Medium and small size business. For more information you can

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps458/products_data_sheet09186a008009247c.html

You can use Cisco Aironet 350 Series Access Points.

Ravi,

Are you SERIOUS?????  Aironet 350???

Hey Ravi,

I think you need to look at the End-of-Life and End-of-Sale Notices for the AP350.

Yes you are right Leo Laohoo this is end of sale. I apologies and many thanks for update.

thank you ravi sir

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card