Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Wireless site survey Steps and tools

Hi Guys;

I have new project awarded to our company, this customer wants us to conduct physcial site survey.

for other projects I used to use the WCS to suggest the APs Locations but with this one I have to visit the location and to conduct the survey.

whch tools must be with me? by the way  I have Airmagnet softwar, cisco adapter works fine with Air magnet,

can I use WCS as first step to decide the location of the APs.

what shall I do there ,:(( since I need to conduct the SS for voice ?

I have uploded one MAP with APs locations by wcs ,, then what ??????

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Wireless site survey Steps and tools

Well you will need an access point that you will be installing, a power source to power up the AP via PoE or AC adapter, etc. then you need to define your requirements for voice and survey using your requirements.

Here is a voice guide that has some requirements and tips

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7925g/7_0/english/deployment/guide/7925dply.pdf

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Well, I really don't know where to start.

I mean, no one here (I think) can teach you how to use a Wireless Site Survey by using the forum.

However, I can suggest this:  If someone's paid your company to do a site survey and no one in the company knows how to, then sub-contract the job to someone who does.  You then tail and observe that person until you are confident to do it yourself. 

Thank you

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Like Leo mentioned, maybe learning from others (hopefully its not their first time:)), but you really learn from experience... performing a site survey and the post survey to actually see how you did.  Then taking the information from that along with client issues, etc, will make you a good surveyor.... every environment is different and planner doesn't really understand that piece of the puzzle.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Bronze

Re: Wireless site survey Steps and tools

Also check faq of a site survey.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_q_and_a_item09186a00805e9a96.shtml

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Views
Helpful
Replies