Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

wireless users keep dorpping out

Please help.

I have a WLC 5008 control 11 APs(H-reap) in defferent locations. At one office, users there constantly disconnected from wireless network, then re-connected automatically few seconds later.  not just Apple products, PCs and laptops as well.  Settings of that office are same as other locations, but seams wireless connection is very unstable there.  it is an open space office, so signal receiving is actually very good everywhere in that office, but users keep dorppring out of wireless.  where should I start looking?

One thing, there are 2 APs in that office, one is from AU, and one is from JP, so they are on different controll code.  could that cause any problem?  that office is in JP.

Thanks a lot.

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: wireless users keep dorpping out

You shouldn't mix like that. Can it be an issue, yes it's a possibility. Is there a reason you can't order another AP for that building to match the correct country code? The issue with APs on different WLC's is roaming. Do you have mobility between the two WLC? Again, I have never seen something deployed that way. Get the correct AP's and have both on the same WLC.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
VIP Purple

Hi,

Try change the AP retransmit count to 8 (from default 5) & AP retransmit interval to 5 (from default 3)  of those two particular AP's advanced tab as shown below.

AP-Retransmit.PNG

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

thanks for the advise, but my WLC doesn't have those parameters in the tab. My WLC is still on ver 6.0.199

VIP Purple

This is too old version. You have to go for at least 7.4.121.0 which is a stable release.

Since you are running 6.x you cannot directly go to this version. You  have to go for 7.0.x code first & then upgrde to 7.4.121.0. Here is the release notes for this code

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn74mr02.html

Also make sure your WLC FUS upgraded to 1.7.0.0 as well. Refer below & this will take 30-40min outage to your wireless, keep that in mnd when doing.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/fus_rn_1_7_0_0.html

Refer this compatibility matrix to check all your AP/WLC/MSE/Prime compatibility depend on the prouducts you got in your environment

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5500/tech_notes/Wireless_Software_Compatibility_Matrix.html

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content