cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wireless

Anuj Singhi
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading my controller to SW 7.4.121.0 and FUS I 7.0.112.21, most of my AP's are not getting connected to the controller. I had 300 AP before the upgrade but after upgrading only 90 AP are connected. Any help.

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can help by telling us what troubleshooting you've done.  cheeky

The issue is resolved by rebooting  the POE switches, somehow few POE switches had stopped broadcasting the mac adddress of the AP infra vlans due to which the mac was not reaching to the core switch. Once we rebooted those switches the mac started broadcasting on core and then it worked.

The switch model number is WS-C3560X-24P. Could there be any bug on the switch? This is the IOS we are using in switch 

c3560e-universalk9-mz.122-55.SE3

Your switch is running a good IOS train.  Upgrade to 12.2(55)SE9 for better stability.

But is it related to IOS? this has happened with many switches with same model and all with AP connected to them.

Not sure but I sure wouldn't stay at that IOS level.  SE9 packs more fixes than SE3.  

However, if the issue was resolved by rebooting the switch, it's a sure sign to upgrade the IOS.

You will find documented details of the Bug in the link below. No suggested solutions. 

Bug ID: CSCuh46442

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuh46442/?referring_site=ss

-------------------------------

Symptom:
LAP displays %CAPWAP-3-ERRORLOG messages when AP join to WLC

%CAPWAP-3-ERRORLOG: Invalid event 10 & state 5 combination.
%CAPWAP-3-ERRORLOG: CAPWAP SM handler: Failed to process message type 10 state 5.
%CAPWAP-3-ERRORLOG: Failed to handle capwap control message from controller
%CAPWAP-3-ERRORLOG: Failed to process encrypted capwap packet from 172.22.170.1

Known Affected Releases:
7.4(100.0)
7.5(1.17)

Marc Magloire

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card