Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Wism interfaces gone after switch-upgrade

Hi,

I've a 6509 with a sup720 (ordinary, not a 10GE) and a wism blade in slot 3.

It worked fine until i did a upgrade of the IOS on the 6509.  I went from s72033-ipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF13 to s72033-advipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-33.SXI3.

Now i cannot reach my Wism-blade any more. When i look in the running config on the switch there are no gigabit-interfaces on module 3, in the config there is even no mention of a module 3.

However when i do a "show module" the wism is reported with a status "ok".  Also when i do a "show wism module 3 controller 1 status" it tells me that its "Oper-up" and all the adresses are in place, even the service IP-adres (which i do not understand because it can only get this adres by DHCP from the switch).

The Wism is running 6.0.188.0.

Anyone ever seen such behavior?

Thx

Everyone's tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gold

Re: Wism interfaces gone after switch-upgrade

As of the SXI versions of the sup720 auto-LAG was the only option to configure the WiSM port-channels (global config wism commands).  The actually gigabit and port-channel interfaces going to the WiSM won't be visible in the configs anymore.

4 REPLIES
Gold

As of the SXI versions of the sup720 auto-LAG was the only option to configure the WiSM port-channels (global config wism commands).  The actually gigabit and port-channel interfaces going to the WiSM won't be visible in the configs anymore.

So seeing no config in the switch is perfectly normal, and i should look for other clues on why i can't reach the controller anymore.

Thanks, i would have focused to long on a non-issue.

check your service Vlan (Wism service-vlan XX)

Make sure that the service vlan supernet is different than the mgt interface and the ap manager interface

are you trying to activate virtualization?

Elie, the service-vlan was (and is) indeed different, so that was not the problem.  I got a good clue in the posting of dampcampb: he wrote that there was a difference in behavior between the SXI- and the SXF-versions of the IOS.  I checked and there was also a SXF-version with the features i wanted.  I used that version of the IOS and all was working fine again. Thx however for the reply.

Views
Helpful
Replies