Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WLAN not showing up

I create a WLAN on my 5508 WLC called "Guest-Printers"

I created a vlan for it on the downstream (trunked) switch, created an interface on the controller with the correct IP

Then I created the WLAN, associated it with the vlan/interface, set the SSID to broadcast. I made sure the WLAN was active, and set security to WPA2/PSK and enabled DHCP option 82.

However, the WLAN is not advertising the SSID, and it does not appear in the default AP-Group

Why isn't it showing up there? I tried to join it manually, but couldn't.

Not sure what the problem is, and I don't see anything in the logs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If the WLAN ID is 17 or

If the WLAN ID is 17 or higher, then you need to add it to an AP group for it to be broadcast.

HTH,

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
3 REPLIES

If the WLAN ID is 17 or

If the WLAN ID is 17 or higher, then you need to add it to an AP group for it to be broadcast.

HTH,

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

but I already have a guest

but I already have a guest vlan on id 221 and that is broadcasting (uses web authentication)

is that different somehow?

you are correct -I changed it

you are correct -I changed it to 2 and it worked

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content