Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WLAN to work on specific time of day

Hi Experts,

I have ti SSIDs, 1 for VIPs and 1 for Staff.  The customer wants those users connecting to Staff SSID to have access on a certain period of time, say 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon.

What I did for the Staff SSID is have webauth and assign a username, password and duration in the WLC but then the lobby admin has to enter the username, password and duration everyday.  I can't think of any other way to do this. Can anyone of you experts suggest how I can do this?

Regards,

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

You have several ways of doing this.  But this will all depend on your technical knowledge and skills: 

1.  Time-Based ACL -  You can create a time-based ACL to enable/disable the VLAN of the Staff SSID;

2.  WCS/NCS/CPI - From the network monitoring tool, you can also enable/disable the SSID based on time schedule. 

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: WLAN to work on specific time of day

The only way you can achieve what you want is either using 802.1x authentication using a radius server or specifying an acl and using time based access list. You can't do what you want with a WLC only.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Well, like Leo mentioned... If you have WCS/NCS or Prime you can too;)

-Scott
5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

You have several ways of doing this.  But this will all depend on your technical knowledge and skills: 

1.  Time-Based ACL -  You can create a time-based ACL to enable/disable the VLAN of the Staff SSID;

2.  WCS/NCS/CPI - From the network monitoring tool, you can also enable/disable the SSID based on time schedule. 

Hi Leo,

Thanks for the advice

The only way you can achieve what you want is either using 802.1x authentication using a radius server or specifying an acl and using time based access list. You can't do what you want with a WLC only.

-Scott

Well, like Leo mentioned... If you have WCS/NCS or Prime you can too;)

-Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the advice.

Views
Helpful
Replies