Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WLC 2112 Internal DHCP problem

Hi,

I am facing a problem where i am not able to communicate with my Lwapp through my controller,i am new to this & am doin this for the first time,i have set s DHCP on the controller but the Ap sis not getting an ip from the pool,if i give a static IP den i am able to ping the LWAPP from the controller & viceversa.My Softwareversion is 5.1, I have downloaded the Instruction Manual,but didnt help much.

AP's are 1252

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: WLC 2112 Internal DHCP problem

Hi Reitenbach,

The internal DHCP server is actually for client use only. It does not provide DHCP addresses to the access points. You'll need to make sure that your access points are on a subnet with either a DHCP server or an IP Helper-address.

Regarding access point discovery, you have several options. If your access points will be on the same subnet as the controller management interface, it will find it through broadcasts. Perhaps the easiest solution is to configure your internal DNS (provided you have one) to resolve the name CISCO-LWAPP-CONTROLLER to your management interface address. Finally, you can specify IP addresses using DHCP option 43.

None of these will work until your access point has an IP address, though. I hope this helps, and please let us know if you have further questions!

Jeff

Re: WLC 2112 Internal DHCP problem

So whats about zero touch deployment =(.

Do i have also 2 configure every one ap manually?

Views
Helpful
Replies