Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 2112 is not accessable

GR-IT-Network
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

I have a problem with my Cisco WLC 2112.

Problems:

1. I can not reach this WLC via GUI or CLI.

2. Can not access via Console.

3. Status LED is Dark Orange or Red.

Can anybody help.

Regards

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Status LED is Amber(ORANGE/RED)— Means Problem encountered during boot.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/2100/quick/guide/ctrl206q.html#wp39363

Did u tried with these settings:

9600 baud

8 data bits

No flow control

1 stop bit

No parity

If the console is not responsive, then its a hardware failure and you should contact the TAC or You should RMA'd it.

Be aware: WLC 2100 Series are EOL/EOS.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps6302/ps8322/ps7206/ps7221/end_of_life_notice_c51-691053.html

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your WLC is dead. The status light is in alarm, so nothing you can do to fix that as that device is EOS also.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Ok,

Power down the WLC and then power it back up and then see if the WLC comes back up and then try replacing the power supply and see.. if  still face the issue, then u have to buy new one 25500 or 5500 series.

Regards

9 Replies 9

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Status LED is Amber(ORANGE/RED)— Means Problem encountered during boot.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/2100/quick/guide/ctrl206q.html#wp39363

Did u tried with these settings:

9600 baud

8 data bits

No flow control

1 stop bit

No parity

If the console is not responsive, then its a hardware failure and you should contact the TAC or You should RMA'd it.

Be aware: WLC 2100 Series are EOL/EOS.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps6302/ps8322/ps7206/ps7221/end_of_life_notice_c51-691053.html

Regards

Thanks for your quick Help.

Yes I have tried with these setting but still not able to access.

Ok,

Power down the WLC and then power it back up and then see if the WLC comes back up and then try replacing the power supply and see.. if  still face the issue, then u have to buy new one 25500 or 5500 series.

Regards

Thanks....I will try to buy new one .

Thanks again  for all your quick help.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your WLC is dead. The status light is in alarm, so nothing you can do to fix that as that device is EOS also.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Change the RAM, will sort the Boot issue :) 2 years late lol

Nearly 5 years on, following your advice has fixed my ancient 2106. It rolled over a few days ago after a neighbourhood power surge and I was all set to purchase a replacement from eBay when I came across this thread. A quick rummage in my old spares box produced a replacement RAM module and a few minutes later, WLC springs back to life. Thanks very much for the tip!!!

Our WLC went down yesterday, and I just ran across this thread. Sure enough, this fix worked for me as well. Replaced the RAM with a spare module from an old scrap Dell Dimension 4600. Worked great. Thanks!

alvaroke1
Level 1
Level 1

Well I must post here aswell it might help any1...In my case the RAM was only moved... so I removed the case, pluged in correctly the RAM... and voila!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card