Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 2500 DNS Setting Location

melissa.jaffray
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Where can I find the DNS setting information on the web interface for the WLC 2500 controller? I just have the basic setup without any special interfaces or anything. Thanks!

7 Replies 7

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As per my knowledge you can only set the hostname on wlc at virtual interface.

Go to Controller > Interface > Virtual Interface

see the screenshot:

or you wanted to ask about  DNS server in order to return WLC IP addresses to the LAP ?

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Hi,

I'm sorry if I sound a bit dense on this but here is my problem:

I have the controller and the AP's working fine, but I can not get to the actual internet, only the intranet. I think this is because I need to set the DNS servers to 75.75.75.75 and 8.8.8.8. I just can't find where I would do that on the web interface for the controller and since I finally have it working I'm reluctant to go poking at things just to see what they do. Thanks!

ohkk I think you need to add DNS server ip address  in dhcp scope.

Go to Controller->Internal DHCP Server->DHCP Scope and then click on name of the dhcp scope in which you want to add DNS IP address.

see the screenhot and put the dns server value  there.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Hi,

I didn't have anything in the section so I created one, but what is the network setting supposed to be? Thanks!

ammahend
VIP
VIP

is you controller also working as DHCP server as well ??

-hope this helps-

Hi,

No we have a dhcp server, although most of the ip's are going to be statically assigned. I tried the suggestion above, but it doesn't seem to have helped. I've attached a screenshot of my setup. Thanks!

Moin Ilyas
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Melissa,

As you said you would have Static IPs, I would suggest you to have a look at the following document.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-0MR1/configuration/guide/wlc_cg70MR1/cg_wlan.html#49981

In particular, please have a look at 'Configuring DHCP' Section.

Security Considerations

For enhanced security, we recommend that you require all clients to obtain their IP addresses from a DHCP server. To enforce this requirement, all WLANs can be configured with a DHCP Addr. Assignment Required setting, which disallows client static IP addresses. If DHCP Addr. Assignment Required is selected, clients must obtain an IP address via DHCP. Any client with a static IP address is not be allowed on the network. The controller monitors DHCP traffic because it acts as a DHCP proxy for the clients.

Hope that helps.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card