Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 2500 Time Issue

Hello

I have problem about WLC 2500 time , when got force shutdown the time will back to factory(only the time).

I have set on CLI and make save also no solve

I have set on GUI and make save also not solve

I also set NTP still not solve

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post the complete output to the command "sh time".

(Cisco Controller) > show time
Time............................................. Wed Apr 12 17:20:01 2017
Timezone delta................................... 0:0
Timezone location................................ (GMT +8:00) HongKong, Bejing, Chongquing
NTP Servers
    NTP Polling Interval.........................     86400
     Index     NTP Key Index                  NTP Server                Status          NTP Msg Auth Status
    -------  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
       1              0                              192.168.10.254     Not Synched          AUTH DISABLED
       2              0                                216.239.35.0     In Sync              AUTH DISABLED
       3              0                                216.239.35.4     Not Tried            AUTH DISABLED

That is odd.  The output shows NTP is synchronized to a time source.

What is the exact version of the firmware the controller is running on?

Hi Leo

The firmware is 8.3.102.0

I also don't know what exactly the issue..

Can you upgrade to 8.3.112.0 and see if it improves things? 

I had a 2500 controller running 8.3.102.0 code and I don't see this issue happening.

The 2500 uses a battery  to store the time while it is shutdown  and it has a lifetime .

This had been seen at  multiple customers , one i can remember is in Australia .

RMA is the only option.if you cannot support NTP .

Upgrade will NOT work

The customer who had this issue didn't have a NTP and the WLC was powered up once in 6 months and AP was not joining because of time difference.

Javier Contreras
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi

1. Please do not post general WLC issues to this forum, it is for WLCCA application, moving the post

2. if you power cycle WLC and it loses the time, it means the battery is probably expired.

with NTP it should recover correct time, after boot

Hi Javier

Actually I don't know what forum I need to move and don't know how to move.

For WLC I don't think battery issue , cause I got 3 WLC new, all this 3 got same issue.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card