Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WLC 2504-15

Hi,

We have a 2 x AIR-CT2504-15-K9 and I was wondering if we can use them for high availability?

I've looked on Cisco's website and I can see their's a AIR-CT2504-HA-K9 but I'm not sure if this is a software or hardware upgrade.

Can someone please let me know if it's possible?

Thanks,

Ross.

2 REPLIES
VIP Purple
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: WLC 2504-15

Having two WLC with licenses can always be used for redundancy. There is no need to purchase an WLC2504 HA sku since you already have two WLC2504 with licenses unless you want a backup WLC for either of the ones you have now or backup of both. Like Sandeep mentioned, the 2504 only support N+1 which is really a backup WLC. With your setup of two WLC with 15, you can split the load and have 7 AP's on one and 8 AP's on the other or all 15 on one and the other for backup.

Typically with one 2504 with license and the other 2504 being an HA sku, all the APs would be on the licensed WLC and the HA sku would be the backup. The HA sku doesn't need any license and that is why it makes a cheaper solution for a backup WLC. You can make one of your WLC act as an HA sku, but you would meet a 50 AP license which doesn't make sense since it will cost you more probably.

That's just my opinion though.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content