Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 2504 7.4.1 AP randomly shutdown itself

In past, WLC 2504 ran on software version 7.0.116 is working fine but it has an issue with WIN8.

I found that the issue solved by upgrade to version 7.4 and now I upgrade the controller already.

After upgrade I receiving many case about the access points are randomly shutdown anytime everyday. It means disappear on the dashboard.

I am trying to search a message for cause but not see.

Anyone see this issue and how to solve this.

Thanks in advance.

15 Replies 15

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ratchapas,

Can you please tell me the access point type and number ???

I will recommand to use 7.3 version for 2504 WLC.

Regards

There were certain known bugs in 7.4.x.x affected certain AP models. If you are using 1142 this may be the bug you are hitting CSCud97983

Anyway it most likley to be a bug.. so check with cisco TAC & get a release which will fix those.

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

As per your query i can suggest you the following  solution-

This can be a probable bug. Do need to contact TAC.

Hope this will help you.

Hi,

I read in release note of version 7.4.100.60 it solved the issue but anyone try this?

Does New version have bugs?

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The one thing to understand is that you would probably of been better off upgrading to the latest v7.0.x to solve your issues. That is the most stable version for v7.x. Moving to v7.2.x, v7.3.x, v7.4.c and v7.5.x is just for features needed or ap support. v7.0.x is the only MD release and all the other trains will never be MD:). Just keep that in mind.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Dear Scott

I have some questions here.. I read about win 8 and the bug  CSCua29504

The solution as say Ratchapas consist in upgrade the WLC. But I remember you wrote we can use TKIP for WPA Auth. and it works fine... I'm correct?

Espero que la informaciĆ³n haya sido Ćŗtil y si no tienes mĆ”s preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la informaciĆ³n fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**

Hi Daniel,

TKIP for WPA auth is working fine.

In tomorrow, I will upgrade to 7.5.102.0 and will share the result.

Normally, what is a recommend while upgrading on the wireless controller? (such as disconnect all of access point or can upgrade the wireless controller while access points are associating)

Thanks

Normally, what is a recommend while upgrading on the wireless controller? (such as disconnect all of access point or can upgrade the wireless controller while access points are associating)

Push the new firmware to the WLC and then invoke Pre-Image download to all the AP.

One the Pre-Image download is complete, reboot the controller.

Hi Leo Laohoo,

Invoke pre-image download to AP, What do you mean?

I will download th the new image to WLC after finish it shows save and restart to take effect, right?

I will restart while the AP is online, can I do?

For today I have plan to upgrade to 7.4.110.0

What Leo means is that you can download the code to the aps while they are still on and servicing clients.. Lessens downtime .. Read this

http://www.my80211.com/home/2011/2/20/wlc-predownload-the-image-to-the-access-points-from-the-cont.html

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

7.5 is not intended for bug fix... if you need bug fix then get 7.4.110.0 which posted today.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

I will deploy 7.4.110 in a half.

Update

Let's update to 7.4.110, it is fine

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card