Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WLC + 3 x LAP Test environment equipment list recommendations....

I'm currently building a test environment in order to practice for CCNP Wireless as well as perform client demo's.  I'm interested in the differences between the large controllers.  Does the less expensive 2400 provide for a similar configuration to the 4400, or 5500 series?  Also, I'm planning on getting 1142's to act as a Wireless Site Survey AP as well as setup a test environment to demonstrate roaming.  Any advice would be welcome!

Regards,

Justin

Everyone's tags (9)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: WLC + 3 x LAP Test environment equipment list recommendation

The 2504 should be good enough. You really don't want the 4400's since they are EOS. I run most of my home lab off a 2504 and does everything I need it to do. I do have a 5508, but my 2504 runs my home wireless too.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

The 2504 should be good enough. You really don't want the 4400's since they are EOS. I run most of my home lab off a 2504 and does everything I need it to do. I do have a 5508, but my 2504 runs my home wireless too.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

+5 scott.

Besides what Scott said, if you want to proceed with studying cisco wireless after done with CCNP you may need two controllers one of them would be 2508 but the other should be larger controller that supports some advanced features that are not available in 2508 (anchor termination for example).

HTH

Amjad

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

WLC + 3 x LAP Test environment equipment list recommendations...

Thanks Scott and Amjad for the quick responses!  I will look into purchasing a 2508.  I'm working on a project involving redundant 5508's for work at the moment so I think that project will give me enough exposure to the advanced features that I can use the 2504/8 in my lab for continuing education and testing purposes.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content