Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 4400 how it works

q-le
Level 2
Level 2

hi ALL,

We have 4 x 4xxx WLCs setup in our Core.

I just created an AP group in one of WLC and in theory I should see that AP group in the other 3 x WLCs

For some reason, I do not see that AP group appear in other 3 x  WLCs.

Very much appreciated if someone could point me to the right information or troubleshoooting steps.

Thanks

Ql

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

QI:

I agree with Scott. confiugration on one WLC is not propagated to other WLCs. (What piece of config or doc that makes you think like that?).

If you have WCS (or NCS) you can create a template and push it to all WLCs you have. But if you dont then you need to manually configure all WLCs.

HTH

Amjad

You want to say "Thank you"?
Don't. Just rate the useful answers,
that is more useful than "Thank you".

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You are wrong here. You need to configure every wlc seperate. There is no syncing between WLC's.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

QI:

I agree with Scott. confiugration on one WLC is not propagated to other WLCs. (What piece of config or doc that makes you think like that?).

If you have WCS (or NCS) you can create a template and push it to all WLCs you have. But if you dont then you need to manually configure all WLCs.

HTH

Amjad

You want to say "Thank you"?
Don't. Just rate the useful answers,
that is more useful than "Thank you".

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

fbarboza
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

As mention above the WLCs do not sync the configuration between WLCs, you need to do it on each WLC, unless you have a WCS or NPS server managing your WLCs and you can apply templates from the WCS or NPS server to the WLCs.

q-le
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you all.

We do not have WCS or NPS so I guess I have to configure each WLC manually.

QL.

Hi,

Glad to help by NPS i meant NCS server, type error

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: