cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 4402 + 4 1130AP's.

ROBERT TOGONON
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone setup a WLC 4402 and few 1130AP's on their network? Here's the scenario we have VLAN's setup on our network. We want to be able an employee can connect to the internal network and public connect to a DSL Internet. I got the internal employee access the internal network but I couldn't get the DSL users connect to the Internet. Internal network uses DHCP server and DSL users uses Linksys DHCP server. Can someone point me to the right setup/config on 1130AP's to connect to DSL using WLC 4402?

3 Replies 3

svanguilder
Level 1
Level 1

You didn't say if the DSL users get connected and an address. I assume they are not. If you set up VLAN for the WLAN for the DSL users you should be able to point that VLAN to your Lynksys box.

No the users doesn't get a DSL IP address but the LWAPP 1131AP does. We have the our VLANs setup on our L2/L3 switch. How do I setup the DSL VLAN on the WLAN since I could only manage the 1131 LWAPP device from WLC 4402? If you can point me to some sample configuration, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Make sure you can get the VLAN to the internet before you setup the WLAN. 1st off I would test the VLAN that you have setup to go to DSL on a switcport on your core switch and work the DHCP issues out there and then work on the WLAN. can you ping your DSL router intface from your switch. If you can my guess is that the IP helper address is not set right.

You will then need to point the WLAN to VLAN you setup for the DSL.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card