Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WLC 4402 Local Database size issue

Hello,

My name is Naveen. I would like to ask your suggestion on one of the issue I am facing.

I have Cisco WLC 4402 model and running software version 5.0.148.2 and using as ANCHOR WLC. When I am trying to create new Guest account (local net user), unable to create and getting below log

"Dec 12 13:43:01.324 file_db.c:2227 AAA-3-DB_RECORD_ADD_FAILED: Could not add record to database. Local database exceeded."

Below is the output of show database summary

(Cisco Controller) >show database summary

Current Max database entries..................... 2048

Max database entries on next reboot.............. 2048

Current number of entries used................... 2048

(Cisco Controller) >

It means, 2048 database fully utilized, but to be frank, there is no such Guest ID's/MAC filters/AP connected....At present there are 8 Guest ID's, from which I have deleted 1 Guest ID, then databse size becomes 2047, then can able to add new Guest ID.

For Testing, I have created that Guest ID for limited period of 5 mins, after 5 Mins that guest ID expired and automatically deleted from Local net users list.

But still Databse size is 2048, it means whenever guest ID expired and get deleted automatically, databse size is not getting decrease.

Could somebody suggest to resolve this.....pls

Thanks in-advance.

Regards

Naveen

• Getting Started with Wireless
3 REPLIES

I seem to remember a defect that guests were not removed from the database, but I do not recall the ID, as it was 4-5 years ago.

But, I will say you you really should upgrade that WLC.  5.0 code was pretty bad IMO.  I'd upgrade to the latest 6.0 release.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
VIP Purple

I would suggest to go to at least  7.0.116.0  (you can only go upto 7.0.X with 4400) when upgrading.

You can directly upgrade to this version from current wlc software version. Here is the release notes for that code

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn7_0_116_0.html

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses *****

try rebooting the wlc and check if resets, if possible.

if you dont have support contract then dont try to update the wlc.

Views
Helpful
Replies