Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

WLC 4402 redundant Link

We have a WLC, currently it has a single trunk link into a 6506 and all works fine.

we have recently upgraded network to VSS system , so now we have two 6506 ,   i want to connect the redundant port of 4402 onto the other new switch , is there anything special i need to do?

as it is a virtual switch it is connecting to, does anyone know if WLC is capable of doing etherchannel or something similar?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: WLC 4402 redundant Link

WLC calls it "LAG" but it's pretty much identical. You can simply just enable LAG or disable it on WLC side. When enabled, it will bundle all its ports. On the switch side you need to configure "mode on" on the portchannel, meaning the WLC does not support lacp or pagp.

Nicolas

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

The question is not on WLC. WLC will bundle its 2 ports the same way whatever happens.

The question is on the switch. You cannot create an etherchannel that spans several switches, so that won't work. But for the VSS, I think you can create a portchannel that will englobe ports on the 2 switches, so if yes then it's ok with WLC.

Regards,

Nicolas

yes the vss does multichassis etherchannel,

does the WLC do etherchannel? im a bit confused how to set up on switch side.

Cisco Employee

WLC calls it "LAG" but it's pretty much identical. You can simply just enable LAG or disable it on WLC side. When enabled, it will bundle all its ports. On the switch side you need to configure "mode on" on the portchannel, meaning the WLC does not support lacp or pagp.

Nicolas

Cisco Employee

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content