Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 4404-100 with CAP1550E

Currently I have a WLC 4404-100 and 96 nos. LWAP 1250 installed at site. I need to add CAP1550E (4 Nos.) to this existing setup. Out of this CAP1550E, 2 needs to be configured as root, and the remaining 2 has to be connected through 802.11a/n backhaul and meshed.

Can I achieve this scenario, without adding a new controller??

Thanks to all in advance.....

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Justin Kurynny
Level 4
Level 4

jerrick,

Yes you can. Mesh and non-mesh functionality has been merged for quite some time now. Use more recent code (7.0.x) or higher for best results.

If you are unfamiliar with configuring mesh, consider spending some time scanning the 7.2 mesh design guide. Mesh works a little bit differently than your traditional local-mode APs and you need to do some additional configuration on the controller to tune it to your environment.

7.2 Mesh Design Guide: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/technology/mesh/7.2/design/guide/MeshAP_72.html

One thing the guide doesn’t say (I don’t think): Get it working on the ground first, then hang your APs. It will save you a lot of time and frustration.

Justin

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Justin Kurynny
Level 4
Level 4

jerrick,

Yes you can. Mesh and non-mesh functionality has been merged for quite some time now. Use more recent code (7.0.x) or higher for best results.

If you are unfamiliar with configuring mesh, consider spending some time scanning the 7.2 mesh design guide. Mesh works a little bit differently than your traditional local-mode APs and you need to do some additional configuration on the controller to tune it to your environment.

7.2 Mesh Design Guide: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/technology/mesh/7.2/design/guide/MeshAP_72.html

One thing the guide doesn’t say (I don’t think): Get it working on the ground first, then hang your APs. It will save you a lot of time and frustration.

Justin

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card