Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WLC 4404 error message

Dears,

we have a wireless lan controller 4404 with LDAP authentication ...

first, we are getting this error message on the WLC:

apfMsConnTask_0: Jul 02 13:27:34.180: %APF-3-CHECK_SUPP_RATES_FAILED: apf_utils.c:291 Could not check supported rates. Missing Supported Rate. Length :0. Mobile MAC: 78:e4:00:07:dd:10.

second, our issue is when you open a browser, and after you enter the credentials for the username and password, it keeps redirecting to the virtual IP server "1.1.1.1" and never responds with the requested page or the "authentication succeeded" popup. however, when you open a new tab on the same browser, it connects you to the internet...

please advise any recommended procedures or solutions that can be done to solve this issue.

thanks in advance ...

regards,

Majed

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

WLC 4404 error message

With the newer browsers, the authentication succeed many times are blocked as a popup. The webauth will always redirect to using the VIP you set on the WLC, its just one of the functions of the VIP.

The other message you show, looks like its telling you that the WLC could not verify the supported rates on your client.  Is this the same client that is connecting to the webauth or a different device.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

WLC 4404 error message

hi Scott,

thanks for the reply...

that means its ok that the client keeps redirecting on the VIP set on the WLC, if its the function of the vip as you have said ?

and regarding the error message, it is the same client that is connecting to the webauth !!

please provide me with any ideas to solve this issue if anything came up to your mind

may updating the browser or using another solve this, and will upgrading the WLC to newer version lead us to not seeing this message and get rid of this issue ??

regards,

majed

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: WLC 4404 error message

The redirect to the VIP is normal. If it bothers others that it's such a weird address, change the VIP to a 192.168.x.x or a 172.16.x.x. I know IE for sure blocks that redirect page and I believe the others. Upgrading might help with the other issue as I have never noticed that error.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

WLC 4404 error message

Salam Majed,

I've been into same issue with one of my customesr where he had a browser and he enters the credentials+submit but it never responds. However, if he opens a new browser it is connected to the internet.

The issue was related to the proxy server he is using. The proxy server was not configured to redirect traffic destained to  the 1.1.1.1 address so the browser was receiving no reply after the WLC successfully authenticates it.

Are you using proxy server for your browser?

Regards,

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content