Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

WLC 4404 Etherchannel to two Catalyst 6513

Hi,

I have a WLC 4404 with 4 x Gig ports. I have two of the ports etherchannel to my primary Catalyst 6513. I want to connect the two other ports on my WLC to my secondary Catalyst 6513 for redundancy. Do I just create an etherchannel on my secondary Catalyst 6513? Or do I have do to set a configuration on my WLC so that all 4 Gig ports don't think they are part of the same etherchannel?

Thanks.

1 REPLY

Re: WLC 4404 Etherchannel to two Catalyst 6513

Hi,

You can only run one 'instance' of EtherChannel from a WLC, so generally this means you can connect your WLC to different switches within a stack, or in your case, different blades within a Chassis, but you can't use this to connect the WLC to multiple chassis'.

If homing to the 2x 6513 is a mandatory requirement, then you'll have to go down the route of spanning tree. This will also require that you create an additional three AP-Manager interfaces (giving a total of four) and then assign one AP-Manager to each physical interface on the 4404.

Changing from LAG Mode (Etherchannel) to a version of Spanning Tree will require a reboot of the WLC.

Also remember that you must always have at least three of your four WLC links active - one physical 4404 interface can only support 48 Access Points. Access Points will roughly load-balance themselves across the available interfaces on the WLC.

HTH,

Richard

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content