Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WLC 5508-12 HA License Question

Hi,

I hope you guys could help me to answer this....

I am in the midst of designing a migration of existing Wlan. I have 2 units of 5508-12. I plan to convert one of the 5508-12 wlan controller to a standby controller for HA. As i understand, the controller needs to have 50 AP licenses. So i am going to purchase 2 x 25 AP adder license. My question is:

i) If I convert a normal 5508-12 Wlan controller to a standby controller by adding 2 x 25 AP adder licenses, what will happen to the adder licenses? As i understand, all the base licences will be hidden after convert, but what about the adder license?

ii)  Is the adder licenses still able to use on the primary controller (another 5508-12 as active) or I need to purchase additional licenses to use on the primary if the base license is not enough to cover all the APs (I have total 60 APs)?

Thanks a lot !!!

Warm Regards,

Fendi

3 REPLIES
Silver

kindly check the following link for all the possilble question relating to WLC 5500 license

http://pdfs.icecat.biz/pdf/24716162-2439.pdf

and

HA deployment guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10315/products_tech_note09186a0080bd3504.shtml

Hi Kashif,

Thanks for your reply. I have gone through the docs. But one thing is not clear, can I convert the 5508 using AP adder license? Because i read that I need to have 50 base/permanent license.

Thanks & Regards,

Afendi

I believe the licenses on the HA WLC would go hidden.  if you ever broke HA, you would then have the 62 AP licenses avaiable on that WLC.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Views
Helpful
Replies