Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WLC 5508 / 3750 Switch LAG Problems

Hello Forum,

for presenting to the client (customer wants to buy any Cisco) I have built up in our laboratory a WLAN environment.

The structure is composed of: - WLC5508 HA cluster (7.6.110.0) - Some AP2602i - C3750E (12.2 (55) SE3)

Which reminds me strange behavior with LAG noticed that I can not explain?

The ports of the WLCs are in the LAG mode each WLC are connected with two cables at the switch. On the switch a port-channel are configured (no LACP = channel-group 8 mode on).

Failure scenario:

Deducted on the primary controller the cable from port 1 (it goes down), the port LED turns from green to orange >>>> no impact on the system, everything remains as it is and the system continues to operate. Deducted on the primary controller the cable from port 2 (goes down), the port LED remains green. HA >>>> the backup controller takes over? Primary controller boots?

That can not be true that here changes the system to the redundant WLC. The system should, as yet just keep working at switch-switch LAG?

Is this a configuration error or a BUG? Upon request, I can gladly send the WLC and Switch configuration.

Best Regards, Alexander Weitzel 

1 REPLY
Bronze

The HA kicks in when the

The HA kicks in when the primary looses gateway, do a small test, keep a continuous ping to WLC  from its gateway as source and break one of the link in the LAG and see if you drop any packet ?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content