Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WLC 5508 - Clients disconnecting

I am running WLC 5508 7.2.111.3 with some 2602i AP.

Last week one user reported his new macbook pro 2013 was encountering connectivity issues.His older macbook pro 2009 was working perfectly.

The user is sitting in the middle of 2nd floor having equal distance from second's floor access points.

The problem is that his Macbook pro 2013 was persistently trying to associate with 3rd's floor Access Points. Whatever i tried to do (deauthenticate user,rebooting 2nd & 3rd floor APs) the connection was persistent to 3rd floor Access Point. Even when i tried to install an Access Point in the user's office his Macbook Pro 2013 refused (!!!) to leave 3rd's floor Access Points.However his Macbook pro 2009 was always connected to the nearest Access Point (either to 2nd floor Access Points or to the newly installed access point in his office).

This week i had two visitors in 4th floor reporting that their Laptops (Sony Vaio) were doing very slow with the wireless.

When i tried to troubleshoot i found in the controller that their laptops were associating with 4th floor Access Points and after a minute they were disconnected and trying to associate to Ground Floor (!) Access Points. Of course they couldn't establish a connection and then associated again with 4th floor access points and after a while disconnected and trying to associate to Ground Floor Access Points

I tried to debug client with Sony Vaio and saw in the controller the following message

*apfMsConnTask_7: Mar 24 10:42:15.473: %APF-4-INVALID_ACTION_CATEGORY: apf_wme_utils.c:5481 Could not process 802.11 Action. Received Action frame with invalid category field(not supported by controller) from client. Mobile:*********, Category:7.

I also see a lot of these messages for other clients.

*apfMsConnTask_3: Mar 19 12:03:54.243: %APF-4-ASSOCREQ_PROC_FAILED: apf_80211.c:5275 Failed to process an association request from c8:6f:1d:24:0e:7d. WLAN:5, SSID:************. mobile in database timed out.

Am i hitting any bug similar or equal to CSCue53980?

1 REPLY

have you tried with open

have you tried with open authentication ( no security ) ? Check if client is able to associate then

Views
Helpful
Replies