Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 clients show ip address 0.0.0.0

Hi all,

we got a question about our WLC 5508 single controller deployment with 14 access points without a VLAN configuration.

When our clients connect to the wifi, we cannot see any ip address of them in the client details page. It shows everytime the ip address 0.0.0.0. The clients are configured with a static ip.

Anyone an idea about that?

Best regards,

Michael

10 Replies 10

Hi,

Is the wlan  you are connecting to, anchored to any other wlc.

if yes were are you seeing the wlan client detail on Foreign wlc to Anchor wlc?

Hi,

it is a single controller deployment.

I'm seeing the 0.0.0.0 in the wlan client detail page as well as on the controller cli itself.

Any idea?

Yes, that is my issue. Any advise?

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Michael:
What is your code version? where you exaclty see 0.0.0.0? on client details in CLI or GUI or both are the same?

Are the clients connecting correctly? or they have problems?
Do you have DHCP required under your WLAN enabled?

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Amjad,

the code version is 7.0.116.0 and I can see the 0.0.0.0 in the monitor -> clients -> clients detail page as well as via cli.

The clients are connected correctly, but they got a disconnect sometimes, which we can not clarify at the moment.

We are not using DHCP in this WLAN and DHCP is not configured in the wifi profile as well as in the controller advanced settings.

Any idea?

fbarboza
Level 4
Level 4
Hi , 

Make sure that the WLAN under the advance tab has the option for DHCP required  un checked, since the wireless clients with an static IP address will not be able to connect to the network if they have an static IP address and will show as DHP required and IP 0.0.0.0

DHCP required in unchecked. Please find attached a screenshot of the screen I'm talking of.

Could you send me a screen shoot of the configuration of the advance tab under the WLAN with the issue.

Mike:

It seems everything is correct with your configuration. I can see nothing wrong. Your clients are working fine so there should be no problem whatsoever with connectivity or wireless operation.

I think what you have is high likely a bug. If your clinets work fine the IP address should apear regardless of any other config issue. If IP address does not appera while the client in RUN state then it is something abnormal.

You may need to open a TAC case with Cisco eventually. But we can still isolate further:

- Can you please confirm what security method is being used for your WLAN?

- If you create another test SSID with same configuratoin will it experience the same issue?

- If you created internal DHCP for your clients will they still show same problem?

- Try issuing on WLC CLI the commands (show arp switch) and (show arp kernel). is your client mac address listed in the arp list? if yes, is the IP address correctly mentioned in the arp list?

Hope this will isolate the problem further.

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

ziqex
Level 4
Level 4
Have you found resolution to the issue? If yes please share with the community.
Thank you.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: