WLC 5508 Guest Controller licensing

dancarrick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have purchased the following hardware with the following configuration:

WCS-PLUS-100 Cisco WCS with PLUS License

2 x AIR-CT5508-100-K9 Cisco 5508 Series Wireless Controller

One controller is in use for Corporate, the other is the Guest Access controller.

We are at a stage where I want to increase the AP device count. My question is am I able to transfer the license from the Guest controller across to the Corporate controller (as no APs are associated with the Guest controller) and, do I also need to increase the license on the WCS?

Cheers,

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nikhilcherian
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Dan,

My question is am I able to transfer the license from the Guest controller across to the Corporate controller (as no APs are associated with the Guest controller)

You will not able to transfer license from 1 controller to another.license is device based, you cant use the license of one WLC in another . You can get addittive license for 25 AP support ownwards. You can order based on your  number of AP

and, do I also need to increase the license on the WCS?

Yes, if you want the AP to be monitored in WCS and if the AP limit hasnt reached

Thanks

NikhiL

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

nikhilcherian
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Dan,

My question is am I able to transfer the license from the Guest controller across to the Corporate controller (as no APs are associated with the Guest controller)

You will not able to transfer license from 1 controller to another.license is device based, you cant use the license of one WLC in another . You can get addittive license for 25 AP support ownwards. You can order based on your  number of AP

and, do I also need to increase the license on the WCS?

Yes, if you want the AP to be monitored in WCS and if the AP limit hasnt reached

Thanks

NikhiL

Thanks Nikhil,

Most appreciated!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card