Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 HA is DTLS

mohammad saeed
Level 5
Level 5

Hi guys,

I have the main WLC with no DTLS but HA WLC is with DTLS! will effect on redundancy process. and I tried to upgrade the software of HA WLC to be the same of main to start make redundancy configuration but HA WLC gave me DTLS error and need DTLS ios image for this wlc.

Can I make redundancy configuration between two WLC different in Software versions and one is with DTLS and another one without DTLS?!

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution
9 Replies 9

Cisco says:

HA Facts

• HA Pairing is possible only between the same type of hardware and software versions. Mismatch may result in Maintenance Mode. The Virtual IP Address should be the same on both the WLCs before configuring SSO.

So I have to replace the ios image in HA appliance to be none DTLS image! 

You need to replace in order for both to have the same software version.

Cisco also refers to same hardware architecture.

They does not refers to DTLS incompatibility. 

There is no way to make the HA WLC not DTLS or ugrade it to be the same of Main WLC?

why dont you fix the DTLS problem ?

Upgrading or Downgrading DTLS Images for Cisco 5508 WLC

Step 1  The upgrade operation fails on the first attempt with a warning indicating that the upgrade to a licensed DTLS image is irreversible.
Note   

Do not reboot the controller after Step 1.

Step 2  On a subsequent attempt, the license is applied and the image is successfully updated.

it means try to upload the ios image twice and may be worked then reload?

Yeah. That's what I understood.

Glad to hear that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card