Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WLC 5508 Management Interface Connection

I'm setting up a new 5508.  I've used the config from a 4402, have successfully connected to the Service port to manage the device, but for some reason cannot connect to the Management interface.  In this case, port 1.

The service port is connected to a Catalyst switch and grabbed an ip address (10.2.x.x subnet) no problem.  I can access the 5508 via https using the SP.  However, port 1 is connected to the same Catalyst switch, but on a different vlan (subnet 10.20.x.x).  Both ends show that the interfaces are up, I can ping the interface from any other host on the network, but when I try to manage the device via https I cannot connect.  We are using WCS and I cannot add the device from the WCS.  About all I can do is ping that interface.

I've probably overlooked something very basic, but I'm baffled.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: WLC 5508 Management Interface Connection

We have the same Cisco 5508 controller and we discovered that if you are using a computer on the same subnet as the Service interface, you will not be able to connect to the management one via HTTP or SSH, although you will be able to ping it. We changed the IP address of the service interface and then we were able to connect to the management one instead.

6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Maybe HTTPS is disabled?  Try HTTP, Telnet or SSH.

Thanks for the reply.

No, definitely not that.  I have all of those enabled.  I have the SP connected to another vlan on the same switch and can manage through that port(https, telnet).  I've tried about every combination of trunk port, access port, etc.  I'm beginning to suspect the GBICs (10baseT), but both ends show that I am connected at 1000 and I can ping the ip address of the management interface.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

I'm beginning to suspect the GBICs (10baseT)

10BaseTx GBIC????

leolaohoo wrote:

10BaseTx GBIC????

lol... just looked back at this.  Must have been half asleep.   Obviously have SFPs in both devices, copper.  The one in the switch is 10/100/1000BaseTX.

We have the same Cisco 5508 controller and we discovered that if you are using a computer on the same subnet as the Service interface, you will not be able to connect to the management one via HTTP or SSH, although you will be able to ping it. We changed the IP address of the service interface and then we were able to connect to the management one instead.

Hello Andrew,

As per your query i can suggest you the following -

Please change the ip address of the computer as i find that the computer is on the same subnet. You will not be able to connect to the management one via HTTP or SSH.

Hope  this will work.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content