Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 v 7.2 - AP1131 / 1131AG

Luciano Vigano'
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

after replaced an old 4xxx controller with a new 5508 (AIR-CT5508-50-K9) the old AP and the new one stops to join.

In particular the new ones (AP1131 / 1131AG with S113RK9W-12311JX) join the WLC, download an image (I think the full LWAPP image), reload and the stop join the WLC.

The old AP never join the WLC (it seems that they never send out a join request).

Any ideas?

Ciao!

Luciano

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

you don't need AP-Manager interface on 5508, weird part is that if you've enabled AP Management on the interface exactly named 'AP-Manager' then you'll run into trouble down the line.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

on the new WLC can you run the following debugs concurrently?

debug mac-address < ap mac address>

debug capwap events enable

deubg capwap errors enable

HTH,
Steve

-----------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Ciao Steve,

my collegue changed the native vlan of the trunk to vlan id 29 (which is AP-Manager interface) and it seems that AP now are joining ...

In my opinion it doesn't make sense, because on the WLC the AP-M interface is defined as VLAN 29, not 0 or untagged.

Maybe a problem in the LAG configuration?? The WLC is configured with LAG but up to now I have only 1 port connected to a NX 7000, the other is not connected, because I'm still not sure if vPC is supported or not.

Ciao e grazie!

L.

you don't need AP-Manager interface on 5508, weird part is that if you've enabled AP Management on the interface exactly named 'AP-Manager' then you'll run into trouble down the line.

Can you please post the output to the following commands:

1.  WAP:  sh version;

2.  WAP:  sh inventory;

3.  WLC:  sh sysinfo

Luciano Vigano'
Level 1
Level 1

Ciao!

After some tests we solved the problem in this way: we removed the "ap-manager" interface and used the standard "manager" interface, which is in access on vlan 29.

Now all the APs are registered and working fine.

Another question: we try to use LDAP (versus a M$ 2008 DC) for grant access to a wireless lan (instead of the standard password), but it seems that this configuration is not supported ... any suggestions?

Ciao e grazie!

L.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card