cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5760 and 3700 AP

nkillgore
Level 1
Level 1

The 3700 data sheet lists the 5760 as compatible, but none of the release notes for the 5760 firmware say that they support the 3700 APs. Is support coming? Soon?

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

3700 will be supported in firmware 7.6.X which is scheduled for release some time December 2013.

Am I the only one who thinks its absurd that their newest WLC does not currently support their newest APs?

Do not worry, it is coming....  your 3850/5760 will support 3700 when Cisco release this IOS-XE 3.x.x version to support this AP model.

I know this as I am doing some beta testing for 3700 series with 5508/3850/5760 controllers.

I do not know wether this IOS-XE version will be released in parallel with 7.6 in mid Dec

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Am I the only one who thinks its absurd that their newest WLC does not currently support their newest APs?

No, it's timing.  We've ordered 3700 as well and our shipment won't arrive until mid-December.  So it makes sense.

If, however, you are one the earlier developers/testers for 802.11ac then you will get the special priviledge of downloading the 7.6 beta.

If, however, you have your 3700 right now with you, you can attempt to get the beta code by creating a TAC Case.

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please wait for 3.3 MR and this has the support for 3700 Aps.. sometime soon you can expect the code to be released

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card