Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WLC 7.0.230.0 - Incorrect DHCP addresses being allocated by internal DHCP server

Background:

Initially there were 3 SSIDs configured but all of them were assigned a single interface and this interface was configured with the controller management IP address as DHCP server so that the WLC could assign IP addresses to wireless clients, guns and printers etc.

Issue:

As part of PCI initiative, we decided to segment the traffic in multiple subnets based on type of wireless clients; so now there are 3 interfaces configured and each SSID is assigned a specific dynamic interface and each interface is configured to use the controller management IP address as DHCP server.

There are 3 scopes configured for each of the dynamic interfaces/SSIDs and DHCP proxy is enabled but wirelss clients are still being allocated IP addresses from the original DHCP scope that was associated with the dynamic interface originally assigned to all 3 SSIDs.

What am I missing here?

I verified the following:

1. Each SSID is assigned a different dynamic interface (Users, Voice and Handhelds)

2. Each dynamic interface is configured to use controllers management IP address as DHCP server

3. DHCP scopes configured with correct network information for each dynamic interface and enabled

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

WLC 7.0.230.0 - Incorrect DHCP addresses being allocated by inte

when you configure a dynamic interface, here you assighn ip add, subnet mask, gw and what about primary dhcp server here what ip you assighed?

when configure wlan and map to dynamic interface here in Advace tab for DHCP what ip you assigned? (this one should be controller's ip if you use local dhcp relay.

are you using apgrouping? or all your LAPs are in default ap group?

if yes than check in wlans are maped to which dynamic interfaces?

let me know if this solved your problem

2 REPLIES

when you configure a dynamic interface, here you assighn ip add, subnet mask, gw and what about primary dhcp server here what ip you assighed?

when configure wlan and map to dynamic interface here in Advace tab for DHCP what ip you assigned? (this one should be controller's ip if you use local dhcp relay.

are you using apgrouping? or all your LAPs are in default ap group?

if yes than check in wlans are maped to which dynamic interfaces?

let me know if this solved your problem

As mentioned in my first post, I am using the management interface IP address of the controller as the DHCP server in the configuration of all the dynamic interfaces.

I have not configured the override DHCP option in the WLAN configuration becuase I have specified the internal DHCP address in the dynamic interface.

But I did check the AP group configuration and there I found that the SSID is not assigned to the correct dynamic interface even if the WLAN configuration is correct.

I will change the AP group configuration to correct this. Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies