Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WLC and LWAP Registration Log Question

We have a Cisco 4404 WLC and and about 70 Cisco 1131 APs.  I am very new to the Cisco WLC and I need to know how to view its AP registration and unregistration logs.  We have a AP that has unregistered and we can't seem to find what switchport it was attached to.  It would be helpful to know the IP address and ideally any CDP information it had.  Unfortunately you can only view this information in the WLC if the AP is registered, but at this point it is not.  Any help would be appreciated.

• Getting Started with Wireless
2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: WLC and LWAP Registration Log Question

You will not be able to find that info unless you still see the information on the log about the AP. You would have to either review the switch cdp info as long as the AP is still functioning or else you will just need to physically track it down. If you have WCS or NCS, you should be able to review the past history and the maps would show you where that AP was located if the ap were positioned correctly.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks, Scott *****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

WLC and LWAP Registration Log Question

That is what I was afraid of.  I finally found where to view the logs in the WLC GUI, but I found nothing related to an AP losing registration.  I assumed that it had already been overwritten.  We ended up having to track it down.  CDP did not help us because the cause was a fault power injector.  Thank you for your response.

Views
Helpful
Replies